AdrenaLinn Sync is a software plug-in from Roger Linn Design that provides the same unique beat-synced filter modulation and sequencing effects of our AdrenaLinn III guitar pedal, plus quite a bit more. Though intended for guitar, it adds fascinating rhythmic tonal effects to any instrument or processed audio. First released in October of 2009, we listened to your feedback and are now releasing AdrenaLinn Sync Version 2, a dramatic improvement over the original. And it’s free to all purchasers of the original version. AdrenaLinn Sync Version 2 is written in conjunction with Way Out Ware, makers of TimeWArp2600 and KikAxxe, critically-acclaimed emulations of vintage Arp analog synthesizers. Version 2 is completely rewritten and takes advantage of Way Out Ware’s flawless analog-modeled filters and audio processing technology, resulting in a very wide variety of truly exciting, unique and inspiring sounds.
AdrenaLinn Sync transforms your input signal–guitar, keyboard, turntable, loops, etc.–into dramatic rhythmic patterns of filtered, resonated, chopped, pulsed, spiked, sequenced, looped, delayed and otherwise manipulated tones.
* Classic guitar effects like tremolo, phasing, flanging and auto-pan, but moving in perfect sync to your music.
* Looped, 2 bar sequences of filtered tones
* Looped, 2 bar sequences of tuned resonances, emphasizing specific notes or overtones in your playing, in straight or swing timing. Think John Mayer’s guitar sound on “Bigger Than My Body”.
* Random filtering, phasing or flanging, changing to a different tone every 1/8 note, 1/16 note or whatever note value you choose, in straight or swing timing
* Chopped sequences: looped patterns of on/off switches–or volume changes–applied to your instrument signal, resulting in the real-time equivalent of sliced beats or loops of your instrument sound.
* Tremolo sequences: Looped sequences of volume pulses at programmed levels. Think Green Day’s opening guitar riff on “Boulevard of Broken Dreams”.
* And most importantly, mashed-up combinations of the above.
* 128 user-editable presets, including 100 that truly show off the sonic capabilities and 28 blanks.
The end result is that AdrenaLinn Sync is positively inspiring, transforming even simple held chords or arpeggios into beautiful, fascinating animated sounds that will pull new and creative compositional ideas out of your head and make your recordings jump out and turn heads.