At the heart of the DSM lies an easy-to-use single-button “Capture” system. This unique feature uses groundbreaking adaptive techniques to capture both the frequency-domain and dynamic characteristics of audio program, and uses this as the basis for a highly developed large scale multi-band compression process. The DSM also includes a single-button Limiter function which has been optimised specifically to work with the compression stage.
Exemplary results in lightning-fast time can be acheived for common tasks such as:
* Loudness enhancement
* Vocal enhancement and character processing
* The DSM provides multi-dimensional control over both the spectral response and dynamic characteristics of audio material, bringing a whole new dimension of facility and artistic ability to the sound engineer.
The ability to rapidly capture, modify and re-apply sound character to its own source, or to any other program, provides for novel functionality, such as:
* Sound character mapping between whole mixes, tracks, vocal parts and instruments
* Continuity matching
* Character control for broadcast play out
* Microphone proximity correction in video or film production
* Fixing problems in difficult outside broadcast situations